So about this Columbine- thread I did
/ 73 posts
02 Aug 20 8:07 pm
a few months ago. The point is, we may never have the full answer to why they did it. Deep psychological factors are oftentimes at play in regards to school shootings.

I still think True Crime is a bit interesting, though.

Ordered Jeff Kass' book a few weeks ago.
/ 244 posts
04 Aug 20 7:48 am
Fair enough, mate! ; - ) We can get a pretty good idea why people do things BUT unless we can read their minds we'll never know 100% why they do these things.
/ 22 posts
04 Aug 20 3:32 pm
Sadly we have to accept the fact that we will never truly understand why they would do such horrific things. Unless you yourself have similar feelings, it's basically impossible. We have to do our best to comprehend the events in the person's life that led them up to that point. And even still, we will never understand why they would not only turn it into violent acts but to actually go through with it too.
/ 73 posts
04 Aug 20 4:20 pm
Karl wrote:
Fair enough, mate! ; - ) We can get a pretty good idea why people do things BUT unless we can read their minds we'll never know 100% why they do these things.



Its very complex. I know Ochberg did an interview for NPR, in regards to the Virginia Tech shooting

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/9716365
/ 73 posts
04 Aug 20 4:28 pm
OccasionalDemons wrote:
Sadly we have to accept the fact that we will never truly understand why they would do such horrific things. Unless you yourself have similar feelings, it's basically impossible. We have to do our best to comprehend the events in the person's life that led them up to that point. And even still, we will never understand why they would not only turn it into violent acts but to actually go through with it too.



Thats a very good point. I think its possible to understand to a certain degree, but not the full extent. I am very critical towards access to firearms combined with poor mental health programmes in many countries. Most people with mental illness are not dangerous, but its a fact that a lot of school shooters are emotionally distressed and go through Feelings of hopelessness. In that case, I think its important to address mental health programmes.
/ 244 posts
04 Aug 20 7:37 pm
Coming from an ex-military background, I don't think civilian's should be owning certain guns. Pump action, bolt action rifles and revolvers are okay but a semi-automatic or automatic rifle and pistol is too far. Those kinds of firearms should be restricted to Police and Defence Forces. But....that's just what I think on the issue of gun rights.
/ 2 posts
09 Aug 20 5:39 am
Karl wrote:
Coming from an ex-military background, I don't think civilian's should be owning certain guns. Pump action, bolt action rifles and revolvers are okay but a semi-automatic or automatic rifle and pistol is too far. Those kinds of firearms should be restricted to Police and Defence Forces. But....that's just what I think on the issue of gun rights.



I agree with you on this about how certain guns shouldn’t be accessible.. the way I see it is if the argument that they use guns to protect themself, they can protect themselves with a simple pistol as you do with an automatic rifle or the heavy duty shit on the market.
/ 244 posts
09 Aug 20 7:45 pm
I had a guitar tutor (who is also ex-army) and he recons because the US gun laws refer back to the constitution that Civilians should only be allowed guns from that period. Can you imagine rap gangsters doing drive by's with cap and ball pistols? LOL
/ 423 posts
25 Aug 20 5:40 pm
"Nothing On Earth Consumes A Man More Quickly Than The Passion Of Resentment." -Friedrich Nietzsche


#aWomanToo?
/ 244 posts
25 Aug 20 7:21 pm
Yes, DevilsFood a woman too. I mean, women feel passion and resentment as well. It's a part of being human.
/ 423 posts
27 Aug 20 7:51 am
Agreed, Karl.
/ 423 posts
02 Oct 20 12:49 pm
"A Big Mouth Invites Trouble." -proverb


When Bullies Run Their Mouths, They Enrage Others...And Some Of The Enraged Then Snap.


Of Course.


😑😑😑😑😑



/ 244 posts
03 Oct 20 3:09 am
That's right, DevilsFood. ; - )

Law 4: Always Say Less. "When dealing with people the more you say the less impressive you become. The more you say the more you are likely to say something foolish."

- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
/ 423 posts
03 Oct 20 4:13 am
Interesting, Karl. Law 4, aye.....


;)
/ 73 posts
03 Oct 20 10:31 am
DevilsFood wrote:
"A Big Mouth Invites Trouble." -proverb


When Bullies Run Their Mouths, They Enrage Others...And Some Of The Enraged Then Snap.


Of Course.


Its not that simple. Of course they do, but in regards to school shootings there are usually far more going on. I believe bullying is Just a part of the bigger issue, combined with a multitude of factors. Im researching the Jeffco- accounts, right now. There are conflicting statements here and there. Some accounts suggests that they were bullied others deny it.


😑😑😑😑😑




/ 73 posts
03 Oct 20 10:33 am
https://www.npr.org/transcripts/9716365
/ 423 posts
03 Oct 20 11:51 am
Oh, agreed.


There's that "Entitled Incel" situation, here...there...

"Entitled, Brainwashed, Theocratic Racist", here...there...

"Unconscionable Immature Intellectual", here...there...


What else? O_o
/ 73 posts
28 Nov 20 2:51 pm
DevilsFood wrote:
Oh, agreed.


There's that "Entitled Incel" situation, here...there...

"Entitled, Brainwashed, Theocratic Racist", here...there...

"Unconscionable Immature Intellectual", here...there...


What else? O_o




Here are some sources

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/15/bullying-too-simple-an-explanation-for-freeman-sch/

https://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/28/why-does-america-lead-the-world-in-school-shootings/

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/9716365

Interview with Sue Klebold
https://www.npr.org/2016/02/16/466618817/sue-klebold-mother-of-columbine-shooter-carries-him-everywhere-i-go-always

Also, this. Its in swedish, unfortunately, but they talk to the Browns, Frank DeAngelis, Fuselier and Cullen, which is in english

https://podtail.com/no/podcast/p3-dokumentar/skolskjutningen-pa-columbine-high-school/

But if you want to start somewhere, Langmanns library is probably a good start, plus, 'The search for truth at Columbine' The article, which is in there.

https://schoolshooters.info/