Just checking in to report that a couple of bugs have been fixed:
- Search Pictures was broken and displayed a white screen
- Deleting a forum post was failing. Thanks to @james for reporting this
- Resetting ratings or profile counter was failing
- Under certain conditions reporting a user was failing
I've been busy lately with the redesign, but it is coming along nicely and you'll all be able to see it soon. I'm going to change the design progressively because it's such a large area of work and each page needs testing to varying degrees.
This means that when I launch the new design it'll look similar to the current one in some respects, but come with added benefits such as mobile responsiveness so you'll finally be able to use the site on your mobile phone and tablet without all the zooming around. I'm also going to start implementing the new design before all the pages are complete so I can gather feedback about the new vs old pages, but I'm definitely going to update the most used pages first so many may not notice the old design creeping in.
Once all the pages are updated to the new front end framework, I'll get to work on actually designing them away from what we already have here with your feedback. Unfortunately during this period the site style switcher will have to go away as it'll have no useful effect on the new design other than messing it up.
For now, here are a few of the updates I have made since my last post:
- Added user card tooltips to the new user mention links
- Removed enemy lists, they were a unused feature by the majority of users and I don't see any benefit in keeping the feature around.
- The forums are now publicly accessible and I've fixed an issue with polls not rendering their content correctly.
- I've just fixed an issue that was preventing new user signup's. Thanks to @nella for reporting it!
- Fixed a bug with the pop-up smilies, there was a missing template causing a white screen error.
- Fixed an issue with the search pages pulling out numbers in place of religion, ethnicity, etc...
- Fixed an issue with the style switcher
- Fixed a bug with the preview profile option. Thanks to @gallifrey_rises for reporting it!
- Reverted the deletion code, the new way was a little buggy and left a few orphan threads, comments and posts around
As always please let me know if you notice any bugs.
Well it's nearly been a month since my last post, so I thought I'd better let you all know what I've been up to. A few of you may have noticed some of the updates I have made and listed below as the month went on.
If anyone notices any issues then please let me know,
- Comments and posts all over the site will now automatically link to a user profile if they are mentioned like so @user
- Along with the above update, mentioned users will also be notified via email of the comment/post they were mentioned in. This can be disabled in your account settings
- Fixed abug with poetry buddies, blog buddies, poetry search, blog search, artwork search and picture search pages where a blank white screen would be displayed in some instances
- Fixed buggy pagination in the forums. Thanks @Sunspots
- Fixed a bug where logged out users could not browse blogs
- Fixed a bug where users with dashes in their name could not be parsed by the user mentioning script. Thanks @equinox
- Major behind the scenes improvements