Wanting to get out and meet more people.
/ 5 posts
28 Oct 21 8:30 pm
I've been wanting to get out and start meeting new people, thought I would post this for anyone who has any suggestions. Looking for ideas of what to do mostly. Thank you in advance for any advice.
/ 216 posts
28 Oct 21 9:03 pm
I know it sounds silly but first of all, look up YouTube videos on social skills. I realise how that sounds but I did something similar years ago and it really helped, I am capable of striking up a conversation with a random stranger. What sort of things do you like? Try to find active groups/clubs that fit that theme. Also, Goth nights! Are there any bars or places that run Goth theme events where you are? If so, go there and try to talk to people. Volunteer work is good too for various other reasons....is any of this helpful? : - )
/ 216 posts
28 Oct 21 9:04 pm
Also....it's a bit ironic because though I'm aware of what it takes to socialise and meet people I've been doing the opposite lately. LOL My doctor suggests I go out and socialise.....but I really don't want to.
/ 5 posts
28 Oct 21 9:06 pm
Thanks Karl it's helpful 8D, my job means I can't really do volunteering work. But everything else is really helpful.
/ 5 posts
28 Oct 21 9:11 pm
It's hard when you really don't want to socialise I know from personal experience, but sometimes you got to push yourself. That's what I've been trying to do lately, hope you feel better soon.
/ 216 posts
31 Oct 21 9:24 pm
Thank you Nathan_Ritchie. One of the reasons why I want to socialise less is because I've had a few too many random and negative experiences with people in the last few ears. Basically....trying to socialise with people is lke walking on thin ice. You don't now what's going to offend them and they might go off. 😢
/ 5 posts
31 Oct 21 10:52 pm
I can understand that, it's one of the reasons I find it hard to socialise in the first place.
/ 216 posts
01 Nov 21 10:57 pm
Nathan_Ritchie wrote:
I can understand that, it's one of the reasons I find it hard to socialise in the first place.

Yep, people are dicks. LOL This is an old quote - "The God's gave us two ears but only one mouth, so it is best we listen twice but speak once." Not sure where it originates from but something I find helps with socialising (and I try hard to practice) is to listen more to a person, don't talk as much but when you do try to get them to talk about what they like. If you can find something in common, even better! ; - )
/ 20 posts
27 Jan 22 4:37 pm
Nathan_Ritchie wrote:
I've been wanting to get out and start meeting new people, thought I would post this for anyone who has any suggestions. Looking for ideas of what to do mostly. Thank you in advance for any advice.




Nothing wrong with saying hi to random people. This website is perfect for me to start opening up since most people here have similar interests as me. Also, hi
/ 20 posts
27 Jan 22 4:39 pm
Karl wrote:
Thank you Nathan_Ritchie. One of the reasons why I want to socialise less is because I've had a few too many random and negative experiences with people in the last few ears. Basically....trying to socialise with people is lke walking on thin ice. You don't now what's going to offend them and they might go off. 😢




Damn, sorry to hear that. I’m going through the same but for me there’s hope. Been dealing with depression and it’s going to be a long road to recovery. Eat, drink and be merry! 🍻
/ 216 posts
27 Jan 22 7:07 pm
Blake_MetalHead wrote:
Karl wrote:
Thank you Nathan_Ritchie. One of the reasons why I want to socialise less is because I've had a few too many random and negative experiences with people in the last few ears. Basically....trying to socialise with people is lke walking on thin ice. You don't now what's going to offend them and they might go off. 😢




Damn, sorry to hear that. I’m going through the same but for me there’s hope. Been dealing with depression and it’s going to be a long road to recovery. Eat, drink and be merry! 🍻



Sorry to hear that mate. I had depression for about 4yrs. TBH think I was misdiagnosed, started off as anxiety but depression kicked in later. You'll get there eventually. I found what really helped me was being active.😉